Your House is ``Under Contract`` Next Step-Home Inspection Tips
Congratulations! Your home is “Under Contract” now what?
The next step is a home inspection. The buyer will hire a home inspector to inspect your property.
Here are some tips for sellers to prepare for home inspection:
- Ensure Gas/Propane, Electricity and Water are all turned on and operating throughout the home.
- Deactivate any alarm systems.
- Make sure all Appliances and Fireplaces are operational to be tested.
- Inspector will need access to the Attic, Crawlspaces, Electrical Panels, Water Heaters, HVAC Systems and Water Main Shut off. Clear these areas.
- Clear out spaces in front of attic access points so that the home inspector can easily enter and leave without moving things or getting insulation on the seller’s items.
- Please open all blinds and currents for access to the windows.
- Provide keys and codes for all doors, locks and additional buildings.
- Process can take 4+ hours depending on size of home.
- Buyer is usually scheduled to come to property to review inspection
- Seller should NOT be present during inspection
Christion House provides professional home inspection services for:
Woodford, Scott, Bourbon, Montgomery, Clark, Jessamine, and Fayette Counties.